29 Aralık 2010 Çarşamba

Soul of ISTANBUL & Seagulls - Farid Farjad




I love watching the Seagulls, the way they chase the ferryboats, circling around the minarets and Bosphorus. I think they are soul of Istanbul, symbol of freedom. I always feel like these little white angels are watching over my beautiful city.

Poem by Bedri Rahmi Eyüboglu;
"When I think of Istanbul, I think of a seagull
Half silver, half foam
Half fish, half bird
A seagull lands on a lamp post Jumps to the food thrown at him He doesn't wait for another, he leaves
The fisherman smiles, kindly"


DID YOU KNOW ABOUT ISTANBUL?
» UNESCO declares Istanbul as a World Heritage Site.
» Hagia Sophia was the biggest cathedral on the world for thousands years and still it is the 4th biggest one.
» The four bronze horses of San Marco Cathedral welcoming the guest today in Venice, were taken from Istanbul.
» In the Middle Ages, Istanbul had more than 1400 public toilets in the city meanwhile there weren't any in European cities.

"If the whole world was a state, Istanbul would be the capital of it. "
Napoleon BONEPART

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...